skip navigation

Competitive Update

COVID-19 Update (5/22/20)

5/22/20

Good Morning Competitive Families,

 

Cottage Grove United received unfortunate news from the Twin City Soccer League that they have cancelled all games and tournaments for the summer.  

 

Due to this, Cottage Grove United will be issuing refunds in the near future.  We ask for your continued patience as the CGU board works together in finding an adequate solution to the refund process.

 

The CGU board will be sending out a communication on Tuesday May 26th that will contain a survey from survey monkey.  This survey will consist of a couple questions that will assist us in creating additional soccer opportunities leading up to competitive tryouts.  

 

We appreciate your response to the survey!

 

Sincerely,

The Cottage Grove United Board

 

 

3/20/20

CGU Families,

 

As we continue to navigate these unprecedented times together, we wish to provide an update on the CGU competitive summer soccer season.  Given that the Minnesota governor has extended a shutdown of public gathering places through May 1, a start to the season on May 4 is unlikely.  TCSL has provided a tentative plan outlined below that CGU will align with.   

 

  • If the season can kick-off around May 15, TCSL would maintain the existing schedule with the first two weeks of play rescheduled by teams.
  • If the season is delayed until June 1 or 15, TCSL would produce a new schedule with fewer matches, taking into consideration the number of weeks available. We would also evaluate whether we host the season-ending Championships (11U+) event or simply maximize the calendar to hold as many matches as possible.
  • If the season is delayed further than June 15, we will evaluate the feasibility of building a meaningful program this summer season.

 

With that framework, it is everyone’s intention to have a competitive summer soccer season.  With that in mind we are quickly approaching the final payment on 4/1 for those that selected the payment plan option during registration.  CGU will process that final payment as planned.  If the summer season is able to be managed in full, no further action will be required.  If the season is shortened or canceled the CGU board will then communicate that plan to all competitive parents and if applicable any refund that may be processed for both paid in full and payment plan option families. 

 

Thank you!

 

CGU Soccer Board 

 

Recreational Update

COVID-19 Update (5/5/20)

Dear Rec families,

Due to this unprecedented time of COVID19 still being a major concern for our families, community and CGU board, we are deeply saddened to inform all REC families that we are canceling the Spring Rec session that was supposed to start by May 18th.  With the state lockdown still in place and the potential of opening in limited waves, the CGU board has made this difficult decision with safety of our kids and families safe as our determining factor in this decision. 

The club will be refunding all the registration costs, we are working with NGIN to process them as soon as possible.

With that being said we are hopeful our summer program will start in July. The registration link will open by the end of the week. Once we get the green light on youth sports we will be able to get the kids back on the fields.

CGU will remain committed to looking into providing additional opportunities for our families to enjoy the game of soccer.  An additional opportunity that the CGU board is currently looking into is the possibility of a Fall REC session.  If we can get the field space we hope to have it start the 1st week of September after Labor Day.  More to come on this opportunity in the near future. 

Thank you for your continued support and the entire CGU Board wishes everyone the best and be well and safe. 

If you have any questions please let me know;

Sincerely,

Lynn Mitchell

Rec Director

COVID-19 Update (4/8/20)

CGU Rec Families,

As we continue to navigate these unprecedented times together, we wish to provide an update on the CGU Rec spring season.  Given that the Minnesota governor has extended a shutdown of public gathering places through May 4th, a start to the rec season on May 4 isn't going to happen.  We are looking into the possibility of pushing the rec program out 2 weeks if the shutdown is lifted by the 4th. 

  • The season will start with the Kick-off the week of May 18, where you will meet your coach and get your uniforms.
  • Games will begin the following week and play 8 games during the week and 1 Saturday with 2 games (date TBD).  This is different than previous years because we have to be done by the end of June.  This will enable us to start our summer program on time July 20th.

If the governor delays the shutdown any further than the 4th of May then unfortunately the spring session will be canceled and fully refunded.  The registration for our summer session will open and then we will look into the possibility of having a Fall session that will play on the weekends. 

Now for our coaching needs, we have 40 spring teams and only 19 coaches for all age groups.  There is only 1 age group that doesn’t need coaches.  With that being said we need really need more parents to volunteer to coach.  Once we get the go ahead to play we want to be ready to go. 

The uniforms are ordered and ready to be numbered.  I will begin to send emails to all of you asking if you are able to coach.  Please consider coaching, we really need your participation.   

Our new Director of coaches- Howard Rushton has 3 sessions planned for our coaches and rec kids planned for the spring.  I am excited to say we have never had this much planned for our rec program.

We all look forward to getting outdoors and on the fields. 

If you have any questions regarding the Rec program please don’t hesitate to contact me at recsoccer@cottagegrovesoccer.org.

Sincerely,

Lynn Mitchell-Rec Director